Monday, November 24, 2008

Something NOT quilting!

As I mentioned in my profile, I'm interested in lots of things besides quilting and that sometimes my posts might reflect that. This is one of those posts. Saturday my husband and I participated in the El Tour de Tucson bicycling event. We did the 35 mile segment and managed to do better than we had anticipated. It only took us 3 1/2 hours to complete, so we got to the finish line about an hour before we had thought we would. That was a nice surprise. I felt like it wasn't that bad as far as distance, being worn out, heat, etc., in fact we were able to ride our bikes (well, dh's is technically a tadpole recumbent trike) about another 1/2 mile to where my daughter and son-in-law had parked our van. I figured that that was an accomplishment in addition to finishing sooner than expected. There were over 1300 cyclists in just our segment and that was quite an experience to ride with such a big crowd, but we managed fine. So we were a little sore the next day, good thing it was Sunday and we could sit and enjoy church, but overall, it was a good experience. Maybe I can talk dh into doing the 66 mile segment next year! :)

1 comment:

theloulie said...

Wow, didn't know you guys were into cycling so much. Great job!