Friday, November 14, 2008

Whoa, what have I done?

Well, I have been looking for a better sewing machine for several months now. My good friend has a couple of Husqvarna Viking machines that she likes and I have used one of them (a Sapphire 870 Quilt) and it works well and has a lot of nice features, including a large area to the right of the needle, something that would be wonderful to have for quilting large quilts. Her other machine is an embroidery machine (a Designer I) and I have watched it work and seen the wonderful things she has done with it. Like I said before, I wanted a better machine for myself, one with a larger area and maybe an embroidery machine, getting spoiled by hers. She told me last week that Viking has come out with a new machine that is like her Sapphire but with an embroidery unit added on and its price wasn't TOO exorbidant. So Wednesday she took me to the store and we got a demo of it and it is a NICE machine then the ladies there told me that it was going to be on sale today, if I was interested. So I came home, pondered it, talked to dh about it and he said I could get it! So today, while it was on sale, I bought one!!! It's a Designer Topaz 30 and I'm excited to get started with it. Still it's a little overwhelming to think I really went out and got a fancy machine! As I start using it and getting to know it, I'll let you all know what I think and how it works out. For now, I'm still a little shell shocked that I got it! Shell shocked but happy!

2 comments:

Becky and Tyler said...

dad let you do WHAT??!?!?!? i am jealous!!! have fun with it!!! do i get a baby blanket made on your fancy new machine?...;)

theloulie said...

Woo-hoo! Another blogger in the family! Umm, is there some news about Becky I haven't heard yet?