Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More Quilt Photos





Well, I finally got my husband to transfer some photos to my computer so I could post them. The first quilt, the one with the trucks, is the one I made for my first grandson for his 3rd birthday. He still loves it two years later and it is none the worse for wear other than being slightly faded. Not too bad, considering all the use it gets and all the washing! Pattern from the Nov/Dec 1998 Quiltmaker magazine which someone gave me about 4 years ago.


These next ones are for the first bed sized quilt I made. I saw the pattern in a book from the library--Eleanor Burn's Quilt in a Day-Still Stripping After 25 Years --only hers was for a smaller quilt. I have a friend who works at the Quilter's Ranch (quiltersranch.com) who helped me enlarge the pattern to fit a bed. I think it turned out pretty well consideri
ng it was the first time I had made such a big quilt and therefore it was the first big quilt I machine quilted. There are a few oops in it but overall, it is pretty. It took me over a year to make the quilt as I put it aside for a while since I was scared to start doing the machine quilting but I finally got up my nerve and got it finished just in time for my husband's birthday, which was a lucky coincedence, I thought. As you can see I also made a matching pillow. My husband photoshopped the pictures to take out all the "distracting" stuff around the bed so that it why it seems to be floating in space! Also he changed the flash between the two photos when he took the pictures, that is why one seems more yellow than the other.


I'll post more quilt photos as I get them.


2 comments:

theloulie said...

Nice! The trucks are really cute!

Becky and Tyler said...

give it up to dad to take everything out of the picture except the bed and quilt...tell him no one's going to be able to figure out where he lives based on what the inside of his room looks like!!! ;)